A quick and easy recipe that you will most certainly enjoy, along with steamed rice or sourdough bread.
- 1 lb mussels in half shell, fresh or frozen
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large wok or saucepan, heat Olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown. Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add white wine, Mussels and thyme.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover wok or pan and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add spinach to steam.
- Serve warm in a serving dish.