Enjoy delicious Crispy Chinese-style sea bream
Crispy Chinese-style sea bream
Serves : 2
Good source of Vitamins & Proteins
Share this recipe
- 100g Waitrose Hom Mali Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 x 90g sea bream fillets
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- Steamed green vegetables such as mangetout or pak choi, to serve
Cook the rice in boiling water according to pack instructions
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Slash the skin side of the fish fillets using a sharp knife, then dust with the cornflour. Fry in the hot pan for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and completely cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame seeds and 1 tbsp water, then pour into the pan and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
Drain the rice and divide between two plates, then place a fish fillet on top of each. Pour over the sauce, scatter over the salad onions and chilli, and serve with the steamed greens.