25m preparation, 25m cooking
Rich in Omega 3
Try a taste of Thai with this rich, creamy and optionally spicy Prawn Thai Red Curry, great for a winter dinner party or use a premade curry paste as a quick evening meal option. Vary the spice level by changing the number of chillis to suit your own taste or tolerance. The prawns provide a meaty taste and texture, which is great for those who wouldn’t normally use fish in a curry.
Try our recipe by Maria Moore
Ingredients for the Thai Prawn Red Curry
1 Tablespoon of Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 inch piece of Ginger chopped
2 red Chillies chopped (depending on how hot you like it)
3 Tablespoons of Thai Red Curry Paste (bought if preferred)
Tin of Coconut Milk
16 Red Prawns
Rice to Serve
Chopped Coriander to Garnish.
Red Curry Paste
1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Cumin Seeds
1 Teaspoon of Coriander Seed
5 Dried Chillis
5 Cloves of Garlic
3 Shallots (Chopped)
½ Tablespoon of Lemon Grass
Small Bunch of Fresh Coriander (Stalks Included) or Fresh Coriander Root
½ Tablespoon of finely sliced Ginger
½ Teaspoon Shrimp Paste
I Kaffir Lime Leaf
- Place all the ingredients for the paste into a food processor and blend to a paste, if to dry add a little water.
- Heat oil in a pan add ginger garlic and chilli to soften or a couple of minutes
- Add the red curry paste and cook for a further 1-2 minutes stirring all the time.
- Add the coconut milk, simmer for 5-6 minutes add the prawns then cook for 5- mins.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with rice, garnished with chopped coriander.