Great recipe – with an excellent combination of flavours and only 10-15 minutes to prepare.
- 12-14oz Smoked Cod
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 oz butter
- 150ml whole milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- First place the fish in the frying pan and add a little freshly milled black pepper but no salt.
- Then pour in the milk (it won’t cover the fish, but that doesn’t matter), bring it up to simmering point and simmer gently, uncovered, for 8-12 minutes
- You will be able to see quite clearly when they are cooked, as the whole thing will become pale and opaque.
- Now carefully remove the fish to a plate using a fish slice, increase the heat and add the crème fraîche to the pan. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly, then whisk in the butter and return the fish to the sauce briefly.
- Scatter in the chives, let it bubble for about 30 seconds and it’s ready to serve.