10m preparation, 25m cooking
Rich in Omega 3
Try our recipe by Lucy Parissi
Tender and succulent tiger shrimp taste amazing all on their own! They do taste even more incredible with tangy chimichurri sauce and a light courgette ribbon salad. A very tasty and healthy dish that can be served as a starter or light lunch.
- 1kg whole tiger shrimp
- salt and pepper
- rapeseed oil
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
Courgette ribbon salad
- 2 small courgettes
- handful sugar snap peas, cut into thin strips
- Make the chimichurri: place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you have a thick sauce.
- Make the salad: use a potato peeler to peel thin strips off the courgette and place in a bowl (stop when you hit the seeds). Add the sugar snap peas and a tablespoon of the chimichurri and toss together.
- Defrost the shrimp and rinse them well. Cut the heads off and remove the shell leaving the tail tip on. Make a small shallow cut along the back to remove the vein, if present. Rinse again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Thread the shrimp onto 4 metal skewers. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Wipe a griddle pan with a little rapeseed oil and heat until smoking. Cook the shrimp for about 4-5 minutes on each side until completely pink.
- Serve the shrimp on a bed of the courgette salad with chimichurri sauce drizzled over the top or served on the side for dipping.