Seared Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
4 tuna loin steaks.
2 green onions, thinly sliced.
1 large cucumber, seeded, peeled and julienned.
½ cup of radish sprouts.
¼ cup of soy sauce.
6 tablespoons of freshly ground wasabi.
3 tablespoons of peanut oil.
1 tablespoon of dry sherry.
1 ½ teaspoons of dark sesame oil.
1 ½ teaspoons of minced fresh ginger.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of peanut oil, dry sherry, dark sesame oil and the minced ginger.
2. Stir in the sliced green onions; then set aside.
3. Sprinkle tuna with salt and black pepper.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat.
5. Add the tuna pieces and sear until they are opaque in middle.
6. Spoon the julienned cucumber onto the center of plates and top with the tuna.
7. Add the wasabi to the sauce mixture and spoon sauce around.
8. Garnish with radish sprouts.