A simple dish from Singapore.
- 1 Silver Pomfret
- 5 slices ginger
- ½ chilli, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 50g salted vegetables, sliced
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- 2 limes
- 100ml water
- Heat the oil in a pan and then put in the fish. Fry under medium heat until it turns brown. Flip it on the other side so that it cooks evenly.
- Fry the ginger, chilli, tomato, spring onion and salted vegetables for about 30 seconds. Then, add in the fish again.
- Mix the corn flour with water. Pour the mixture over the fish and let it boil until it becomes sticky.
- Squeeze the limes and pour the lime juice into the gravy.