15m preparation, 40m cooking
Rich in Omega 3
This luxurious fish pie is perfect comfort food for when the weather gets colder. A perfect family dish served with some steamed green vegetables.
Try our recipe by Lucy Parissi
Ingredients for the Fish Pie
1kg fish pie mix, defrosted
200g prawns, defrosted
Ingredients for the sauce
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp plain flour
125ml white wine
375m hot fish stock
80ml whole milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp anchovy paste
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
salt, to taste
Ingredients for the topping
1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2-3 tbsp whole milk
2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan
salt, to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir in the flour.
- Add the wine, stirring well, and then slowly add the fish stock until you have a smooth sauce. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste, lemon juice and pepper. Season with salt, to taste.
- Gently fold the fish, prawns, parsley and dill into the sauce.
- Transfer the fish pie mix into a ceramic ovenproof dish, filling 2/3 of the way. Let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to190C.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash together with the butter and enough milk to have a smooth, soft, mash. Season with salt and leave to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mash into a piping bag and pipe over the pie.
- Place the dish on a heavy baking tray and cook for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly before serving.
These are a 10% or factory glaze Icelandic peeled Prawn with an excellent colour and the quality of a catering pack and can be used in a wide variety of dishes and appetisers both hot and cold