Authentic Jamaican cuisine.
- 4 King Fish steaks
- Black Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Wash fish with water and some lemon juice or vinegar
- Pat fish dry with a tea towel or paper towel. It is important that it is dry so that there is no water when frying. Excess water will cause the hot oil to pop or splatter
- Season fish liberally with salt and black pepper and refrigerator for about 1 hour
- In a deep frying pan heat a liberal amount of cooking oil on High. When frying the fish should be half immersed in the oil.
- Fry fish for 4 to 5 minutes on each side; drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a green salad and fresh bread