10m preparation, 8 – 10m cooking
Rich in Omega 3
Try our recipe by Lucy Parissi
If you are looking to impress with absolutely minimal effort, then this recipe is for you! These grilled lobster tails only need about 8 minutes to cook – they taste succulent and delicious simply dressed with a herb-butter sauce.
2 lobster tails
1 tbsp butter, melted
150ml fish stock (use a good quality fish stock cube)
50g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper to season
- Defrost the lobster tails and pat them dry with some kitchen towel.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place lobster tails on the rack of a grill pan or a small baking tray.
- Carefully cut along the top side of the lobster shells lengthways using kitchen scissors. Pull apart shells slightly to expose the meat.
- Brush with melted butter and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Just before the lobster is ready, put the fish stock, lemon juice and fish sauce into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for one minute then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the butter, a cube at a time, whisking with a small balloon whisk to emulsify the sauce.
- Stir in the chopped herbs and taste – you might want to add more lemon juice.
- Drizzle the warm butter sauce over the lobster tails and serve immediately.