Cajun roast Tilapia and sweet potatoes
- 2bsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 whole Tilapia
- 900 g sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 75g pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the potato, onion, nuts, maple syrup, oil and two teaspoons of Cajun seasoning in a large roasting tin and toss together.
- Make three slits in each side of the Tilapia and sprinkle each fish with one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning.
- Place the Tilapia on top of the sweet potatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the flesh is cooked and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with freshly cooked green beans and using butternut squash and almonds as an alternative or replace the Cajun seasoning with BBQ seasoning.