- 4 five-oz. pieces wild salmon
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 pt. red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange salmon skin-side down on plate.
In a small bowl, whisk together coriander, brown sugar, and chili powder and season with salt. Rub mixture into salmon.
Place shallots and red wine vinegar in small bowl and let sit. In large bowl, stir together corn, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until nearly smoking. Sear salmon fillets skin-side up 2 minutes. Flip, then transfer skillet to oven and cook 3 minutes more or until salmon is just cooked through.
Add red wine vinegar and shallots to corn mixture, along with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.