The honey and parmesan cheese makes this recipe brown very quickly so better to finish the cooking process in the oven.
- 1kg barramundi fillets, skin on
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Plain Flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons capers, well drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup dry grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 egg extra
In a blender, process first six crust ingredients, combine in a large bowl with bread crumbs Beat one egg with honey, parsley and thyme Mix liquid into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Shake fish in flour and dip into beaten eggs.
- Press coating firmly onto fillets.
- Refrigerate till required.
- Shallow-fry in hot oil, for 30 seconds each side, till lightly browned.
- Coating will brown very quickly, so remove when golden and finish cooking on a baking tray in hot oven.
- Serve with lemon wedges and mayonnaise mixed with lemon rind, tomato and onion.